Monday, May 20, 2013

25 weeks!

Still pregnant!  Overall I'm feeling better, both physically and mentally.  Friday I still had contractions throughout the day, but not frequently enough to call...closest were about 30 minutes apart in the evening.   Saturday evening I had 5 or 6 contractions and haven't had any since, so that is good news.   I am still taking it easy of course, but I am not as panicked that the littlest thing will be the tipping point.    I spoke to the nurse at my OB's office this morning, just to clarify what I should and shouldn't be doing, and she seemed pretty happy with my update on lack of contractions.   I can do light activity, such as washing a few dishes or folding laundry, just as long as I take breaks.  I still need to avoid lifting Colton, which is of course the hardest part.   Today was a little better, but I feel like I'm missing out on time with him since I can't do anything...and it has only been 3 days!   He is growing up so quickly right now, more and more I look at him and see a little boy rather than a baby and I don't want to miss a single moment of these last baby days.   I guess this is my first taste of balancing two children.

In finding a silver lining in all this mess, my sciatica pain is all but gone.  I am almost positive she is transverse now, and I really wonder if that could be what set this all off in the first place.   Right now she is getting some kicks up near my ribs, but her hands are definitely down on my left now rather tucked far to right sitting on that nerve.  I feel about as big as I did at 30 weeks with C though....like I'm already running out of room when I sit down.   The other fun thing the last few days have brought is sore boobs.  I don't know if the steroid shots have any side effects for me, but holy hell I feel like I've been breastfeeding for a few weeks they hurt so much. 

Haven't taken a weekly bump pic yet, but I will. 

****

No comments:

Post a Comment