Wednesday, July 7, 2010

picking out a card = tears

for any occasion now apparently.  Yesterday after work, I went to pick out an anniversary card for DH, and naturally one of the first cards visible says "great husband and father"...made me a little sad, but no big deal as it was pretty typical. Then I pick up one that reads something along the lines of "I know this hasn't been quite the happily-ever-after we'd imagined, but that doesn't mean our story doesn't count" (followed by some other mushy words) and I lost it. It doesn't apply to us as just a couple, because our relationship is wonderful, but I had hoped we'd be sharing it with a 3rd family member by now, and our story of having a family certainly hasn't been how we imagined.  Thankfully DH didn't beat me home, because I cried the whole way home, gave myself a migraine aura and I was still all teary eyed 20 minutes later. I didn't want him to be sad too.

I picked a different card and wrote a message about how lucky I am to have him and that he is my rock and the light at the end of the tunnel when I lose hope.  I snuck it into to the bathroom while he slept so it was leaning against the mirror above his sink when he woke up.
Happy 3 year anniversary to us!

2 comments:

  1. ((BIG HUGS)) I hope you two have a wonderful 3 year Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Here's to hoping this next year is full of wonderful things and new beginnings. ::hug::

    ReplyDelete